About Me

My name is Donald Waters and I attend Ohio Northern University. I am double majoring in writing and media studies and communication, and I am minoring in social media. At Ohio Northern University, I am in the fraternity Theta Chi, and the music fraternity Phi Mu Alpha Sinfonia. Movies are my absolute favorite thing in the world, and I love talking about them as well. I hope to work in the film or television industry or as a film critic after college.

My classes are mostly journalism based, but I have a few that deal with cultural studies, and one that is about social media (the reason I am writing this blog). For the social media class, I am expected to blog twice a week. One of these blogs will be a review of a recent film or television show. I watch a lot of movies and streaming series while living here on campus. While I plan on reviewing mostly newer movies/series, expect a review of a classic film or an old favorite of mine on some occasions, as the time I have to watch every new piece of media is unfortunately limited. The other blog will be about a chapter of the textbook I've been assigned to read for the class.


As far as the reviews go, for reference, I don't really have a favorite movie of all time. However, if I had to name a few films I respond to, I would cite "Do the Right Thing", "Cabaret", "My Dinner with Andre" and "Before Sunrise". I would consider all of those to be unequivocal masterpieces, and I highly recommend them. My favorite movie of the year so far is either "Top Gun: Maverick", "The Bob's Burgers Movie" or "Marcel the Shell with Shoes On". I can never make up my mind.

While I have not seen as many television shows as I have movies, I would describe my taste in TV as the halfway point between Nathan Fielder and Michael Scott. In other words, "The Office" may be my all time favorite, and recently HBO's "The Rehearsal" made my great series list. I am also a big fan of "The Good Place", "Arrested Development" and especially "Bob's Burgers". 

Expect film and television reviews very soon.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"The Patient" Hulu Series Review (first two episodes)

“The Wolf of Wall Street” Review

Chapter 1